Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blogging with Students

Blogs are very new to me so I feel as though I need to read the info a couple of times to absorb it. The 14 Meaningful Steps to Student Blogging broke the info down so that I could follow it without alot of techie vocab that I have to learn.  The readings were very insightful.  I think the
http://www.kidblog.org/ website is one of the easier to understand and I am interested in setting it up so that students can communicate with me, each other and it gives their parents an opportunity to become more involved. The step by step instructions are very helpful and seem as thought they can be followed by the class as they are being introduced.  Using the Smart board would be how I would teach the basics to a group. 

The blog " Why students should Blog- My Top 10 " was another good source of information for me. It discussses student's having a audience, allows them to track their own progress,  gives studnets the opportunity to truly feel like an author and teachers easy access to student work are some of the pros to blogging.

1 comment:

  1. MaryEllen, I also liked these links. They were had good information for teachers to use with the students. I would love to see an example of the kidblogs with students comments.

    ReplyDelete