Saturday, March 31, 2012

Comics and Cartoons

The use of comics and cartoons is a wonderful way to get your information across to students. I have noticed that more and more students are enjoying graphic novels and found that the information from this site to be quite useful as I explore all ot the options available to educators. 

Comics and Cartoons

http://www.scoop.it/t/comics-and-cartoons


Check out the link below.  There are cartoons for many subject areas as well as ones you may want to use with your friends.  I was thinking that adding a little humor into our students' day would be a great way to connect with them as well as so reduce some anxiety for those who get uptight prior to tests etc. Another thought is that some can be used as story starers and the students could add a few more frames to develop a comic of their own.  


http://www.glasbergen.com/education-cartoons/

4 comments:

  1. Your students can also create comic strips. Check out some of the comic strip creation tools that are available online. MakeBeliefComics is one of the easiest to use. Bistrips is another one. There is also ComicStrip Generator, but that tool is more complex. I like your two examples because they both relate to technology, Thanks for sharing. I will probably use them on a website somewhere to spark up class notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree with you Mary Ellen,
    Taj's Social Studies teacher in 8th let him and a partner do a graphic novel for a project. I think he learned more on that project than all of that year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I can only imagine how difficult it is to motivate and engage middle school aged students at times and here is a great way to catch their attention. Hopefully you will have opportunities to try it out with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motivation can be an issue at all levels. I looked into Judy's suggestions and made a short comic strip. It's corny but it was easy to figure out and I think students of all levels would be capable of making their own once they had their ideas down. I'll try to add a link or embed it.

    ReplyDelete