Sunday, May 6, 2012

Digital Story -Holocaust Information/pre Anne Frank


  The information in this digital story will hopefully give students a better understanding of the life of Jewish people during WWII. The video is part of the front loading lesson prior to reading The Diary of Anne Frank. The video can be watched straight through with discussion at the end or paused throughout to answer questions and clarify thoughts and give reflections.  Depending on the level of students additional writing activities can be added also.  The goal is to demonstrate through technology that the life a Jewish person during WWII was much different that the life of people today.


** Major problems uploading this so please respond with suggestions. Saving as a movie did not work. Hope this did.


NETS-T 1,2,3,4,5





3 comments:

  1. When you uploaded into Google Doc, did you upload the movie version, not the project version? Also, did you check the File, Share options? It is possible, you still need to set the Share to anyone with link can view and then embed the code again into this blog? Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I cannot view this or the Pluto project. I am not sure if it is because I do not have photostory3. However, I loved what you showed us in class. I think the students will really get a sense of how their lives where. It will also be a great discussion tool. Wish my teachers had this when I was in school. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same difficulty as Taini did with viewing your projects. With seeing most of the project in class I think it was a great opportunity for you to introduce a very serious topic to students in a way that they would best understand. The pictures were key to helping the students understanding of such a topic and I'm sure provoked questions as well.

    ReplyDelete