Sunday, April 1, 2012

Explore Resources on Digital Storytelling

Exploring the resources of digital storytelling has been a an exciting adventure, an intimidating  feat and an overall challenge that is both overwelming and energizing.  The possibilities are endless and I think this is one of the reasons that I have the intimidating feeling that there is too much for me to process at once. Since the options are so vast, I will consider digital storytelling as an adventure.  One area that puzzled me was how to get the voice into the story.  I worried that that would be an issue for me but Larry Ferrazzo's Blog http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2009/04/15/the-best-digital-storytelling-resources/ lead me to information on Voice Thread that was very clear-cut on what you need to do to add voice. The part of LangwichesBlog that I found so helpful is http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/06/19/digital-storytelling-part-vi-voicethread/. The directions on how to use voice thread are clear and the visual directions were perfect for me as a visual learner.  Has anyone tried to use Voice Thread yet?  I may be jumping ahead but since this area seemed totally out of my realm, I needed to explore what it is so that I can process the way it is used.
I am eager to have my students work with me using voice thread but wonder about their fluency and how it will affect the quality of the digital story. Does that make a difference?  Check out the info above and let me know what you think. Was it helpful enough? Do you think my students with fluency issues will be anxious or excited about this opportunity?

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of VoiceThread. One of my blog posts has links to some VoiceThreads. You can add comments by typing them or recording them. To record them, of course, you need a microphone. Many laptops today have the built in microphones, but if you use desktops, you will need to plug in a microphone.

    It is also possible to find existing VoiceThreads online and to just use those with your students. See if you can find the blog post I did on VoiceThread and access some of them.

    I hope to do a demo of VoiceThread in our class. I have one microphone I can bring, and I will check to see if Gilmartin has any or if anyone has one to bring.

    VoiceThread can be used for our final Literacy Project in our course. I I will explain that in class.

    ReplyDelete