Saturday, April 14, 2012

Using the Arts to Promote Critical Thinking

Although none of us are art teachers, I found this video that seemed to take Art Class to a new level. The instructor's expectations mixed with critical thinking skills were much higher than I expected for this grade. As I watched I got the feeling that the students were really becoming "artists " not just students in a unified art class.  The vocabulary used was impressive and the carry over of critical thinking skills in Art class gave students an opportunity to express themselves in another format.


https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/using-the-arts-to-promote-critical-thinking

The website has many videos that can be used by teachers to improve their teaching sills.

1 comment:

  1. I recommended the video to the students in the Educational Research class, who are in the Multiple Intelligence master's program. A good number of them are art teachers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete